7:00-7:45pm: A presentation on “Verbal Mapping” by Dr. Marrea Winnega. Dr. Winnega will be presenting information on the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP). CANCELLED
7:45pm: Discussion regarding Special Education Department Goals and Objectives.
SPECIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT GOALS 2017-18
1. Conduct a program intervention audit on current practices followed by recommendations for aligning support from tiered intervention to special education.
- Objective 1. Develop a list of current programs, interventions, and training (Last 3 yrs).
- Objective 2. Analyze the special education student population and documented needs as identified in IEPs to determine if inventory of programs matches the needs.
- Objective 3. Develop a flowchart creating alignment and clarity of program options based on identified student needs.
2. Demonstrate student growth and success of program interventions and services.
- Objective 1: Utilize the Special Education Department Goal Data Collection Form at student annual review meetings.
- Objective 2: Analyze data to determine success of services and interventions and to identify gaps.
3. Increase communication regarding the various services, service providers and programs.
- Objective 1: Utilize website for dissemination of information pertinent to special education.
- Objective 2: Continue providing information through parent forums, both formal and informal.
- Objective 3: Focus efforts on educating general education staff regarding special education services and information.
4. Develop a proactive culture in the special education department to build trust and transparency with all stakeholders.
- Objective 1: Identify specific areas where stakeholders believe trust and transparency is lacking.
- Objective 2: Provide multiple opportunities for input from stakeholders.