Upon consultation with Districts 101,105,106,107 and 204 and with heaviest consideration given to local conditions, the Superintendent may make a decision to close schools. The timing of the decision to close schools is at the discretion of the Superintendent.
Once the Superintendent makes a decision to close the district will:
- Post a closing notice on the district website (http://www.dist102.k12.il.us).
- Initiate an automated call to district parents and staff, if appropriate.
- Send emails to district staff, and parents via building level email lists.
- Send emails to members of the District's Key Communicator mailing list.
- Contact the website www.emergencyclosingcenter.com, which in turn reports weather related school closings to local major media outlets.
No notice will be posted on the website for days on which schools are not closed, unless schools were closed the previous day. If schools were closed, a notice that schools will be open will be posted prominently on the district website in order to avoid any confusion.
If you wish to receive notices from District 102 in case of school closings, and are not already receiving notice through the above channels, please contact Al Kirkus (email@example.com) for assistance.